New and only curious right now

jam

I am 36, male, and amicably divorced and completely new to the concept of polyamory. I was raised very strict and actively participated in my strict religious beliefs well into my 20's. After my divorce 3 yrs ago, my entire life changed as well as my philisophical outlook. I have never met (to my knowledge) anyone who lives a polyamorous lifestyle, but the more I begin to understand human nature, the more natural alternative lifestyles seem to me. I am only here to better understand the lifestyle and hear from people who live it. I personally love the openness and honesty the lifestyle seems to offer as well the equality of all involved. Anyway, I'll log in from time to time and hope to learn more, Thanks.

Hi. We are a MF married couple just moving in the direction of polyamory. We tried swinging for a bit when we felt we wanted to open our marriage. She has been active seeing other men, and I am very happy with just her. not really caring to be with anyone else myself. But she loves the experience of others and gets a lot emotionally out of developing close friendships with other men. I love her ad want her to be as emotionally fulfilled as possible. I see an extra partner as a supplement to her emotional needs. So, I enjoy giving her the opportunity to experience the joys of loving another. The swinging did not work well for her. She has discovered that there is little joy in being with men sexually unless some kind of feelings are involved. So currently we are in a seeking mode, leaving her open to date and see what might develop, hoping to eventually be able to experiment with a MFM vee, for now at least with us remaining the primary relationship, and her and a BF being a supplementary and secondary thing for her.

Last edited:
I very recently fell into my first polyamorous relationship with six other people (husband included). It's been so far a time-consuming relationship with both sharp and fragile edges and it takes a quite a bit of TLC. However, I can say with a certainty that love is love, in all its myriad forms. Polyamory is simply a bigger form.

Welcome aboard.

Back