introduction

Jinan1030

Hello,

I am new this forum. I'm Jinan and my family and I are Muslim. While we are not in any polygamy relationship, however, it's possible. My husband was raised in a polygamous situation. His father has just taken his 'third' wife. His father has 22 children and with his third wife now; more could be on the way.

My two mother in laws are thicker than blood. They do everything together. They even had children together. We call them the twins by another mother.They are exactly 14minutes apart in age.

Sometimes I feel he may take another wife. I know in Islaam that's his right to do, and at times I do feel lonely and wish for a sister to be there. His father and his wives live together and their children. They were not split up with one family here or there. They all lived on the property, and they had their main home and several additional homes on the property if they felt like they needed alone time from each other. Ironically, it's my father in law that uses the spaces more than my mother in laws.

I at times wish I could share a bond. However, anyway, I am just rambling away. I wish I could meet others. I am very tolerant and open minded. I am just hear to get some ideas since it's very possible my husband may take more than one in the future.

Jinan

Hello Jinan :) I often feel the worse loneliness you can feel is the sort you have when you are actually in a relationship, you are expected to be totally fulfilled but it is quite a disappointment to realise that simply having a partner does not 'complete' you.

Thanks for the welcome Natja. I believe that's everybody's fear, well at least with me. What if my husband marries somebody I don't like. What if we don't get along. What if she causes problems with our relationship.

I have many questions and not enough answers, so I am hoping to see how others view poly life and what is the best way to approach it.

Hello Jinan,
Welcome to our forum.

Have you talked with your husband about the possibility of him taking another wife? Do you know what his feelings are about that?

There is a lot of good reading material here on this site, so hopefully some of that will help. Don't hesitate to post any thoughts or questions you may have.

Every family is different, and only you can know what's right for you and yours. Sure a second wife could turn out to be a problem person, but that's the nature of love; it is always a risk.

Glad you could join us, hope you enjoy your time here.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Back