Lack of communication

Elements

My secondary barely talks to me. He has been ignoring my attempts at communication. How do we get past this? I see him once a week. The 6 day I dont see him, he barely talks to me. i have brought it up.

Maybe he doesn't like you anymore.

Not everyone likes or needs to be in touch every day - that would feel oppressive to me. Do you think he's supposed to change what is comfy for him, because you have expectations or insecurities? Let it go, or he will feel pressured. Why isn't one or two communications between seeing each other enough for you? :confused:

How do we get past this?

Is this the royal "we" or are you including your partner in this change you want to put into play? You only get to change you; your partner will do as they want.

When you brought it up what did he say was the reason?

I would agree with the prior reply...not everyone likes to talk everyday or needs communication with their partners everyday.

MY partner J doesnt need constant communication as he knows I am here for him if/when he needs me. However my partner K likes daily texts and conversations on the phone. So I cater to both accordingly.

Have you tried talking and/or bringing up your concerns?

I agree not everyone needs daily contact.

But another view is if you view him as a secondary why would he make communicating with you a priority?

That is actually a question on ok cupid. How often do you require your partner communicate with you? I don't like the word require, but like the OP, I do prefer at least a few mins of IMing with my bf (who doesnt live with me) every day. And he likes it too. My live in gf and I talk a lot every day!

If you feel loved when you do get together, maybe you can get used to his lack of electronic communication. Is it a deal breaker for you though? To feel loved you need more than the one date a week?

Back