Looking for my tribe

Heart

Hey there!
My name is Heart and I'm looking for the rest of my tribe and family. I am happily married and we both want to connect with those we can share our lives and love with. I'm sure we can all agree that compatibility has a lot to do with lifestyle choices as well as personal interests.
I am 31 years old and my wife will be 27 this month. We have a great 6 year old son. We live just outside of Eugene, Oregon. We are creative people that value openness and receptivity in every relationship. We are both very bi, and are not interested in surface-level flings. We are in for the long haul and want only long term interests. We both understand and can relate to people wanting separate relationships in the poly community. However we are not looking for that. We want to openly share our life (together) with others; no separation required. This implies that we only want to pursue relationships in which we both share an attraction and real connection with the other person or people involved. We are very lucky to have found one another. We want to feel that joy with others, together.
We are both artists. I love to do image design, jewelry design and psychedelic trance drumming. She loves to sing, fire dance and play. We love to explore ourselves and each other through the regular use of entheogens. For me this is very important to my spiritual growth and sacred connection to the divine. I really hope to meet others that have genuine interests, and preferrably experience, in this area. I believe that we have so much potential and that we have chosen to live in this time to discover and advance through this profound potential. I believe that we can help each other learn and grow and the more we live through love and not fear the more easily we can live happily.
I want to return to a tribal life; incorporating the positive qualities of our conventional lifestyles and the ancient art of balancing energies in any community. I want to meet others that are ready to truly move forward.
I hope that the right people get this and that you won't hesitate to follow your Heart.
Much Love to All...

Attachments

• FlowS1.jpg
    FlowS1.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 7
........We both understand and can relate to people wanting separate relationships in the poly community. However we are not looking for that. We want to openly share our life (together) with others; no separation required. This implies that we only want to pursue relationships in which we both share an attraction and real connection with the other person or people involved. We are very lucky to have found one another. We want to feel that joy with others, together.

Welcome Heart(s),
Hope you feel welcome here and contribute your own wisdom & path to the tribe here.

Only a comment on your above quote.
One of the reasons you will see people seemingly pursuing what might appear to be separate connections is just due to human nature. We're all unique human animals and it seems that what we connect on with others can vary. This makes it difficult (although certainly not impossible) to get that level of connection with paired couples. It's often the case that 2 or even 3 of the four (or more) seem to make a desirable connection but a 4th may not connect with one (or more) of the others.
If this makes sense.
I mention this only to help you avoid forming unreasonable expectations which can lead to frustration & disillusionment.

Good luck and keep us posted.

GS

Possibilities

Hi GS,
Yeah, I know what you mean. It makes sense to me and for that very reason we've been honest with ourselves about that very issue. Even though we are relatively new to the poly possibilities, and there may be many unforeseen dynamics, we are feeling optimistic about attracting the right energies into our lives. But it will take time, effort, and much open communication ( Oh yeah, and a hell of a lot of patience).
HELL!, most of the time things don't turn out the way we originally intend anyways. It's just appreciating the ride and flowing with the change that we choose to manifest. Life can be crazy that way.
We are interested to see how things unfold. We also have a knack for choosing a path that is generally more crazy, intense, or new and somehow pulling it together in some weird creative way.
GS, I really appreciate the heads up and the good advice. It is much to consider and learn from. I'm sure that no matter what happens we're gonna do our best to have fun with it. We have extensively discussed the hazards of expectations in most new and "uncharted" situations.
Thanks again for the feedback and please always feel free to spill your guts my way.
Much love
Heart

Hi Heart, I'm a new member here also.

Everything you said totaly struck a chord in me. We have very similar visions. I know that isn't the path that I am headed in, unfortunately. I'm called a hippy most the time (even though, usualy in a loving way) but I love your view on life and love and art. I look forward to reading more about you and your wifes journey :)

LeeAnn

Still looking for new connections

Alright, I'm back! And still looking for my Tribe. My wife and I are stronger than ever and always keeping an eye out for anyone we can connect with socially and spiritually. Finding enriching and healthy friendships with others that share a passion for life and an understanding of the poly lifestyle is important to us. Anything romantic and potentially sexual is not our priority, but an idea and fantasy that just might manifest in time. To be honest we've not really had a serious long term relationship with anyone yet. Sure have had interests, and sure have met people, but nothing has panned out. I can't say we've been looking diligently, just patiently.
After witnessing friends of ours, two separate couples, do a full on permanent swap, we decided to ease our search for the right person/people. We really appreciate the relationship we share and would like to eventually share a sacred intimate connection with someone else. We are open to men and women, however we are leaning toward bringing more feminine energy into our lives. Hope to get some feedback on this post and hope to meet some new people in the Eugene, Oregon area. Please hit us up and see where it goes.
-Heart

Hi Heart,

I'm not from your area but I just wanted to wish you well on your spiritual journey. Sometimes they say that "You only find someone when you're not looking." I don't know if that's true, but I reckon there's something to be said for looking in a relaxed (and patient) manner, which you've been doing. Just being you, and enjoying being you, is the key.

On this site, there's a "Dating & Friendships" area (you can use the "Forum Jump" menu, bottom of this page, right hand side, to get to it), which might give you an opportunity to post and look for more people specifically in your area. Also, are there any local poly groups you can meet up with? Try a "polyamory Oregon" search on Google and see what turns up.

Don't know if that will help, but I'm also sending positive energy your way.

Regards,
Kevin T.

Yup!

Thanks, Kevin, for the positive energy. And thanks for the tips on postings. Any info on how to make more connections is always appreciated. And I think you are right, that you typically don't make the most important ones until you stop looking. That's how my wife and I met. Thanks again!
-Heart

Back