Inappropriate Avatar Pictures

Athena

Hi,

I don't know how others feel about this, and I am aware this is an adult site, however, find it very distasteful to see people post avatars of themselves in what it would be understated and polite to call a "boudoire shot".:(

I have not run across one yet that I have found distasteful, but we each have our own levels of distaste. If you find it very objectionable I would report them to the mods and see what they have to say.

Nothing on this site bring up my "omg" look. But then again, my idea of distasteful is apparently different than others :)

I don't exactly want to turn into the avatar police or the thought police or anything on this site, and it is an over 18 site so even the grosser ones are probably legal. Its a personal taste thing, unless I am really into someone, I just don't want to be seeing that side of them.

have you got a profile on fetlife? This is where I have this beef.... I have a hard time talking to friends about deep personal emotional things when every time they write back I get a pussy shot. I get your point, but don't have the same thresh hold I think.

Maybe you should talk to the person on PM and see if they would mind changing it because you find it offensive.

Okay, LESSON TIME, children. Put down your pencils and put your listening caps and thinking ears on.

To turn off avatars, go to "User CP" in white letters in the blue bar at the upper left side of each screen. You can see this no matter where you are in the forum.

Then you will see a list of blue words against a gray background on the left. Under "Settings and Options", click on "Edit Options".

A series of boxes opens up in the main part of the screen. About halfway down, one of them says, "Thread Display Options". Right below that, it says "Visible Post Elements". Here, you can check or uncheck the boxes depending on which images you want to see. You can block all images, or just avatars, or just signatures, or any combination. If you leave the Box UNCHECKED, you will not see those elements. Unfortunately, if you block signatures, you block the written part too.

When you are done, go to the bottom and click "Save Changes.

You can adjust lost of other things in the Control Panel. This isn't rocket science. You won't break the internet if you fool around in the User CP.

I tried to click on our member list to see all the graphic avatars. Went to Community and i see we dont have the option of looking at a Member list!

I wouldn't ask anyone to change their avatars. I see things every week, out and about, that I wish I could erase from my visual memory. Such is life.

If it weren't illegal, I would probably walk around naked all summer... I just feel more comfortable that way, but a lot of people would find that offensive.

As it stands, I have stretched ears and I'm sure some people find that gross and offensive, especially when I eat out at fancy restaurants. I wish I could say I felt bad or guilty about that, but I'd be lying (and a lot of people would find that offensive).

Personally, I would be offended if someone asked me to change my avatar if it were just a little risque, and I certainly havent's seen any avatars more than slightly risque. I haven't seen any boobies or penises or labia, nor violence, nor racism. I have seen some lovely shots of lace with suggestive poses, but to me that's art. Perhaps you've seen one I haven't, but I don't want to single that person out in public by asking whose it is.

I haven't found one on this site that I found offensive yet. When and if I do, I'll probably just look and laugh slightly.

It's mainly a question of personal standards, IMO.

I've seen a few avatars here on this site that have made my eyebrows fly straight up off the top of my head and stick to the ceiling. :eek:

Fortunately, while I was looking for a broom to knock them down with, I ran across my fan and smelling salts . . . ;)

After all, what's it to me if someone wants to put his/her/their bits on display?

Here's the pertinent material from the guidelines:

"We expect the images to be R-rated or milder, meaning no explicit genitalia pix or overt sexual behavior depicted. We also expect the images to be respectful of others, meaning no bigoted or derogatory slogans or portrayals."

Explicit genitalia pix are right out, so please flag them. The term "explicit" covers shots that focus solely on the genitalia or emphasize the genitalia, among other things. Simply seeing bits as part of a larger picture isn't necessarily going to violate the standard. Any sexual activity is also in violation, such as masturbatory touching in the image.

While this is an adult site, it is not a meat market nor a sex site nor should it ever appear to be.

Now, I've not been paying attention to avatars and certainly not scrutinizing those of newcomers as they join. Is this something I need to begin paying attention to? Are enough avatars not following the guidelines appearing that I need to begin actively looking for violations?

Athena, you are well-named. :)

My favorite avatar here is also one of the sexiest. But then, I am a thoroughly sex-positive slut.

Immaterial

Hi,

I don't know how others feel about this, and I am aware this is an adult site, however, find it very distasteful to see people post avatars of themselves in what it would be understated and polite to call a "boudoire shot".:(

I agree, it looks desperate.

Back