New to the Forum

veronavixen

Hi, my name is Ash. I am 28 years old, just began my polyamory adventure two months ago. I have a husband of nearly four years and a boyfriend on almost a month. I came to this forum to find like minded individuals that may give me some advice and insight. My husband and I have only told a handful of people about our decision and already there is concern for our marriage. I bet many on here have a similar story, people think we are doing this just to sleep around, which isn't the case. My decision to seek this lifestyle was nearly a year in soul searching and for the most part I couldn't be happier. I think were I am need advice is the juggling act. I don't know how to meet everyone's needs (myself, my husband, and my boyfriend). Anyway, I will cut this short. Thanks for reading and hope to hear from some of you soon.

Hi Ash,
Welcome to our forum.

I think in most poly families you have to work up a regular schedule, where everyone gets a "fair share" of your time. It can't be as spontaneous as you would perhaps like it to be. :( Most poly families have a shared calendar, so everyone knows what's going on.

You'll have to find the way that works best for you, but reading threads on Polyamory.com will give you ideas. Post any thoughts or questions you may have along the way.

Glad to have you aboard.
Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Back