The Newb!

sortafairytale

Hi ok..well introductions… this is the hardest part for me considering I am, for the most part, a very very personal person and while I can go to a bar and have no problem being friendly when it comes time to expose "me" and not just "the party girl" I struggle so here we go.

My husband, we'll call him Nails, and I have been together for 18 years married for 17. We have two boys aged 19 (Buzz) (mine from a previous relationship but adopted at age 2 by my husband) and 16 (Stitch) (our son together). In April of last year we met our now girlfriend, let's call her Giggles. This is not only the first poly relationship I have ever been in (and realized that's what it was) but also the first girl I've ever been sexual with (well unless you count making out with an attractive girl when I was 21 to turn the boys in the club on…yes I was once one of those girls).

I stumbled across this site after the hubby and I watched an episode of the Big C where one of the couples became involved in a Thurple. I don't know why it never occurred to me to find a place like this before just to find like minded people with the same growing pains and joys we've encountered over the last 9 months but I'm thrilled to have found you all. Reading blogs here and questions has already eased my mind in so many ways and has started to make me see that this could actually work out. Nice to finally be working through the doom and gloom that has been holding us back from what I think we all want.

I'll be starting my own blog soon that will give you guys insight from the beginning and will hopefully continue to help me and my partners make this a beautiful thing! Thank you all for being here and being your beautiful individual selves!!

Hello sortafairytale,
Welcome to our forum.

It sounds like this poly stuff is still kind of new to you, but you are already exploring our site and getting good information from it. If you have any trouble finding an answer to a question, just post and let us know.

So, are you "out to your kids?" Have they been pretty accepting about it? How often do you get to see Giggles?

It is good to have you aboard.
Sincerely,
Kevin T.

UtahPolyCouple: Pleasure meeting you as well!

kdt26417: Thank you for the welcome and thank you for the forum. My children are aware of our situation. It was leaked by my husband before I was ready but none the less they know. At first they were very distant and we even had a big family talk full of worries and tears that this was the end of mom and dad but we've worked through it. They are both very accepting of Giggles, who has too daughters of her own age 14 and 17. Her daughters are amazing and the husband and I have grown attached to them.

As for seeing giggles it's been pretty much two to three weekends a month over the last 9 months with sprinklings of her through out the week here and there for dinner or a concert. We have had our rough patches and yes there was a temp break up for about a month back in September to October but we worked through it.

New relationships typically have rocky patches in the beginning, and poly relationships are extra complex. So, if you try to hang in there, practice communicating (both speaking and listening), you will gradually get there.

It sounds like things are already starting to work out, especially with the kids. That's great news. Hang in there, you will get this stuff figured out.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Back