Sexual revolution

rory

I wonder if this is something others have experienced as a side-effect of poly.

I've always had a satisfying sex life with my husband and haven't felt a need for anything else. I was young when we got together so I haven't had a continuous sexual relationship with anybody else. Until now that I'm with my girlfriend.

Can I just say oh my God! :eek: (Even though I'm an atheist :p )

I'm finding all kinds of new things I like! It's not just the sex with my girlfriend that is different but I feel like I'm different. Like there has been something blocking parts of me I didn't know existed but gf found a way to open them and now they are definitely open. It's effecting sex with my husband as well, and definitely in a GOOD way (even though I had no complaints before!).

More great sex all around, I'd say a win-win-win situation. :p (I feel a bit weird about a topic this intimate but figured I'm anonymous enough here. I mean, I usually share a lot about myself, but don't really mention my partners because I want to honor their privacy. :) )

Indeed! You're excited and jazzed about the new girlfriend, and the new sexual energy jacks up your testosterone levels, all of which is good for sex with any of your partners! Yay NRE sex!!

I'll have what she's having.

I'll have what she's having.
:D

There's definitely a lot of NRE going on. :p But I think also the thing is that sex with a woman is quite new, as well as sex with somebody other than my husband. So exploring a lot of new territory. :)

Anyway, whatever it is loving it. :p

I've always had a satisfying sex life with my husband and haven't felt a need for anything else. I was young when we got together so I haven't had a continuous sexual relationship with anybody else. Until now that I'm with my girlfriend.

This happened to me, too! Even after the NRE wore off I was still thinking, "whoa, that was HOT. What else can I try?"

Exploring your sexuality feels good.

[...]
I'm finding all kinds of new things I like! It's not just the sex with my girlfriend that is different
... but... Although sex with your husband left nothing to be desired, nobody "knows all the tricks". I'm sure that you're learning things from your girlfriend that you can feed back into your sex-life with your husband. Back in my bad-old-days, when I was cheating on a friend, his wife told me that their sex life was improving because she was including some of the things that she was learning with me in her relationship with him. [He never thanked me, the ungrateful so-and-so!:(:(:(]
You can say "Oh my God!" because you're an atheist. If you were a Jew or a Christian, you could be held accountable for "taking the Lord's name in vain".
I'm finding all kinds of new things I like! It's not just the sex with my girlfriend that is different but I feel like I'm different. Like there has been something blocking parts of me I didn't know existed but gf found a way to open them and now they are definitely open.
This happens with all real learning experiences because you're opening yourself to the new. If you've ever become fluent in a second language, you'll have noticed how it actually makes you more capable of thinking outside the box in general - not just in relation to languages.
I feel a bit weird about a topic this intimate but figured I'm anonymous enough here.
Come on! If you want to stay anonymous, you don't use your photograph as an icon. The false name isn't fooling anybody, Calista!;)

I've had the same experience on both ends - better sex because of her lover, and better sex because of mine. Now if we EACH had a lover at the same time, I can only imagine.... :cool:

Congratulations, and enjoy!

Exploring your sexuality feels good.
Totally :)

... but... Although sex with your husband left nothing to be desired, nobody "knows all the tricks". I'm sure that you're learning things from your girlfriend that you can feed back into your sex-life with your husband.
This is definitely true, and it's great. :)

You can say "Oh my God!" because you're an atheist. If you were a Jew or a Christian, you could be held accountable for "taking the Lord's name in vain".
Oh, I forgot! :D

Now if we EACH had a lover at the same time, I can only imagine.... :cool:
Oh yeah.. :cool: (It seems that poly can make one greedy! :p )

Back