Hello from Indiana

belovedoftwo

My name is Christy.

My story, simply put, is this: I was dating a man for three years, and we met another man who he and I became very good friends with. There was nothing intentional about how we ended up the way we did, with me having romantic relationships with both of them, but it happened, and we all enjoyed it. They were best friends and I was "their girl". After about 2 years, "J" moved for a job, but met another woman and got married. "D" and I were confused and more than heartbroken. I think D knew that I was more upset than he was...he could, after all, still be best friends with J, even though J had left us both behind. We were supposed to be our own family.

Needless to say, things fell apart with D and I because I couldn't get over J's seeming betrayal. I am upset with myself that I "lost" D because I was grieving over the loss of one so much.

In the end, I was alone. Now that I am ready to date again, I find that dating just one person again is difficult. I miss the connection and sense of "completeness" I once had. It was a period in my life I felt most "myself".

I came to this site to explore myself further, to learn more about the lifestyle I lived and didn't really always understand, and hopefully, to explore new relationships like the one I had before.
:)

Hi Christy,
Welcome to our forum.

So sorry to hear that your relationships with J and D didn't work out. Hopefully you will find some consolation in mingling with fellow poly folk on this site.

One can never know what the future may hold, and the past is sadly beyond our reach. Take this opportunity to learn some more about polyamory and how it works.

I hope you enjoy your stay.
Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Back