WOW! Great people and ideas for me!

alaskababe

Hi
I have always been poly, but didnt know it had a name. I have been married to my wonderful husband for 30 years and we started mono but became poly after I wanted to reconnect with an old boyfriend. We have all been neighbors and friends for all these years without any major problems. As I have read most of the threads, I totally agree to be be honest and talk about problems and then work them out together.

We moved from our familiar hometown to a larger city and I was wondering how to find another friend. I found one and he is so mono, but learning about this way of loving and living. I guess we have a vee, with me being the hinge. How nice to hear of others lives and how similiar we live and love. We now both have friends to love and be with.

Love hearing about red pepper and her two beloved men. I feel a connection with her already. Her advice has really resonated with me and my new situation. Thanks for being a place to learn and feel accepted. My work would not understand so I must be hidden. My adult children know about my friend and accept love as something precious to be given and to give away. They are very wonderful sons. Thanks for a great sounding board.

Welcome! Sounds like you (the plural you) have got off to a good start, and made things work that many couples stumble over for a long time. Best wishes, and welcome again!

Welcome to the boards. Where in Alaska were you from?
We are in Alaska and there is another poster who was from Alaska too. :)
I like that we were able to actually find people who have some idea of our daily life on here!
I expected to find people who were poly (duh) but it's sometimes hard to find people who know what LIFE is like in Alaska. It's pretty isolated from the rest of the world and hard to find people who are into poly for instance without getting into people you know from work.
For example, I searched for poly communities in Ak and found one "list of interested people in Ak if one starts" of the 30 something people I knew 4 and my husband knew 2 others, our 3rd knew 4 more and a close friend of mine personally knew 2-3 . So between us we realized there was no chance of participating in something like that HERE and keeping anonymity which honestly would be very important for my husbands job as well (though not mine or C's).

ANYWAY-welcome and nice to "meet" you!

I was beginning to think we were on an Island!

Nopin!

(that is a word from my son, when he was learning to talk and we asked him a question he always said "nope and I wanna..." as he got a little bigger it was "Nope-in I wanna", now we all say nopin)

Nopin!

(that is a word from my son, when he was learning to talk and we asked him a question he always said "nope and I wanna..." as he got a little bigger it was "Nope-in I wanna", now we all say nopin)

I love it, our oldest used to make up words all the time but the one that still cracks me up to this day is "Poinkey" as in anything sharp that can poke you is "poinkey" lol

Back