Hello! AJ's introduction

AJ1

Hello! I've been lurking for a while and wanted to introduce myself. My dear husband and I have been married for 8 years, and become poly 5 years ago. I was very lucky that our transition was pretty smooth. We heard some gossip that friends of ours were swingers, and that was the launching pad for discussions (and some dirty talk) about being intimate with other people. It turns out that the other couple are not swingers (which I learned after propositioning them), but the result of the discussions was that we both feel ok with one another engaging physically and emotionally with other people. DH has yet to take advantage of this, mostly because he is shy and works tons of hours, but I have had a couple BFs over the years.

So far, poly has brought nothing but good fruit into our lives. We share everything with one another, and I know I can trust him because, well, he has permission! Plus, being able to be honest about who I am has opened my own sexual floodgates. I harbored a lot of guilt over my fantasies of other men. Now I realize that they are normal and healthy.

Anyhoo, nice to meet everyone :)

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you and DH have a good thing going - honesty is SO sexy!

Hope you enjoy your time here. A word to the wise - a lot of the posts in the introductions and relationships corner focus on people new to poly and struggling. Feels like you are past that stage so you may enjoy reading about others who have found what "doing it right" looks like to them. There is a "poly success stories" thread in the golden nuggets forum and you may enjoy reading about individual posters stories in the blogs section - I read BaggagePatrol's posts regularly (she's got some steamy happenings going on and a delicious style of writing).

If there is a specific topic you are interested in you might want to try a tag search - I like reading about cohabitation, poly vs. marriage, bisexuality and Vee's - because they are pertinent to my situation.

Again, welcome.

JaneQ

Last edited:
Hello AJ,
Welcome to our forum.

It is great that you have had such a positive experience with poly. It sounds like everyone concerned is communicative and honest, and that's of great value.

Hope you blend right in on Polyamory.com, it sounds like you will.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Back