New to poly

sweetmama

I’m a 32 year old female exploring poly for the first time. I have always identified as mono and have been fairly comfortable in monogamous relationships, but recently started a relationship with a poly guy who I absolutely adore.

The process of throwing out all the assumptions and social programming that have been in place my entire life has been very interesting. I’m finding I’m much more open than I ever thought I could be and I’m having a lot of fun discovering all sorts of new ways of thinking. But it’s not without it’s challenges as well. I’m feeling a bit isolated as no one close to me really understands, so finding this forum has been good.

I’m not one to post my private life in public forums, so I am mostly here as an observer. At the same time, it would be great to have someone to talk one on one with who can offer some perspective on poly relationships, so if anyone is interested in communicating via chat or email I’d love to hear from you.

If you read a lot on here-you may get a feel for which people you feel most inclined to talk with-then if you click on their name you can send them a personal message.
I spend a lot of time in my email-and always respond to Pm's if you click on my name, you can read through some of my posts or just send me a pm.
Welcome to the board-happy reading! ;)

Yes, a big welcome to the forum! Do not feel pressured to reveal something about yourself that you are not comfortable with the world knowing. Like you I am pretty private about a lot of details of my poly life and relationships - just my nature.

But please feel free to ask questions or a general nature, if that will help you towards answers that you may be seeking. You may well find that others have had or are having similar experiences to you, and could use to hear the answers as well.

Feel free to ask anything :) I might not answer, but usually that's cause I have nothing nice to say about the question LOL! Positivity!!

Thanks CielDuMatin! I will probably post responses to threads or ask questions as things come up. There seem to be a lot of great people here and it's a great resource all around and I'd like to join in. Mostly right now though I'm feeling the need to discuss things on a more personal level. My close friends that I would normally confide in about relationship things are not at all familiar with poly and generally unaccepting of the idea so not the best outlet right now. Luckily my bf has been a really helpful in acclimating me to all things poly and I have found a ton of good resources online as well.

Mono - Thanks :) I am feeling pretty positive about things right now so I think it will work out.

Back