Howdy

KitWalker

Not the best subject line, I know. I am not a great fan of intros, they have this 12-step feel to me...

Although, I suppose, the reason I'm here is a little like the reasons people go to those meetings, minus the part about kicking the habit. I'm not trying to be rid of anything here, just looking for people who have been in the same boat, trying to work through some things.

I have been aware of polyamory for a long time. It's hard to be a geek and/or go to sci-fi conventions and not pick up at least a passing knowledge of it's existence. I just never thought that I would have anything to do with it. Well, up until relatively recent times I haven't thought that. I've been married to an absolutely amazing girl for... Heck, I don't know, I'm bad with time. Close to 15 years, I suppose... Never occurred to me there was room in this for anyone else. Don't get me wrong, we could always talk about a pretty girl or guy we saw. It was always on the level of aesthetics, not romance, though.

A few years ago we made a new friend. I took a liking to her, did little favors, got small presents. At one point, I noticed that I am paying more attention to her than to other people, and I asked my wife if she had any problems with this preoccupation I seem to have developed. She said she didn't. We've been getting more and more friendly. Then, the three of us met for coffee, took walks, held hands...

After a little while I took stock of the situation and realized I have to be honest, with myself first and foremost. I love this girl. I also love my wife more than ever. The two of them also have quite an attraction to each other, as well. The weird thing is, my wife was less surprised by this development than I was. Go figure...

We've been taking it kinda slow, seeing how things go and what develops, ever since. Essentially, I'd say we are dating. And so, I'm here.

Welcome, KitWalker. You're in the right place.
*everybody claps*

(*giggle* sorry, couldn't help myself)

Srsly, though, welcome. I really like it here. I had no idea poly was so common among geeks. (my two men are geeks, but I just really had no idea)

This story almost sounds too good to be true! I wish it worked out that nicely and effortlessly for everyone! Congrats and welcome to this little corner of the Internet.

November, I'm a crazy geek as well. Maybe there's something to be said for geeks and poly! I'm also left handed and everyone knows how southpaws are superior. :) kidding.

no kidding, of course we are superior! Current bf is fond of telling everyone that Obama is a lefty.

I was just tonight looking at the left-handed calendar my folks got me. It goes backwards compared to a normal book. And it's full of fun facts about famous lefties and left-handedness in general.

;)

This story almost sounds too good to be true! I wish it worked out that nicely and effortlessly for everyone!
Well, this was the short and sweet version. I will commence whining in short order. :)

I'm also left handed and everyone knows how southpaws are superior. :) kidding.
My wife is left-handed. Not a technical geek, though. Art, dance, music, that's her stuff.

There have been times when I wished I was left-handed. Would've been hella handy changing the drivers side spark plugs in an Astro van...

Back