Hello from Illinois

WineDineIL

Hi everyone,

I've poked around in this forum a couple times and finally decided to register today. I am a married 29 year old female, and my husband is 31 years old. We've been together for 11 years and married for 9. We tried the swinging route, and sure - that's fun, but have been turned off by how flaky people can be. So, we've been looking into polyamory.

We have a toddler and a dog so we have to stay pretty busy - lots of walks & outdoor time, especially in warmer months. Of course we love to overeat on Sunday morning and then hang around the house listening to music or playing with the dog & kid. After bedtime, our favorite thing is to get dressed up and go out to or make a gourmet dinner paired with plenty of wine or cocktails. :)

I'm a stay-at-home mom so I'm immersed in domestic life. I've gotten into bread making, I try to cook healthy meals from scratch every night, and clean about 25 hours a day (ha ha). I'm interested in self-sufficient living and would love to have a farm with goats & chickens some day.

The hubby has a talent for making things grow: plants, flowers, vegetables, bonsai, corals...

Well, that's us! Hope to get to know some of you. I'll be posting more of a personals ad in the local threads.

-WineDineIL

Hello WineDineIL,
Welcome to our forum.

Sounds like you guys keep pretty busy. You'll like polyamory, it tends to have more depth of emotion and staying power.

I'm in an MFM "V" and the "hinge" also has a thing for self-sufficient living. We never quite get around to it, but it's an area of interest.

Anyway, thanks for your intro and I hope you enjoy your time on our site.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Hello WineDineIL - Welcome to the Forum!

I'm interested in self-sufficient living and would love to have a farm with goats & chickens some day.

I'm in an MFM "V" and the "hinge" also has a thing for self-sufficient living. We never quite get around to it, but it's an area of interest.

I had to smile Kevin - as that sounds like us. I have a fascination with self-sufficient/off the grid living...but somehow have a hard time getting past the "planning".

We have made a few steps in that direction - we moved out of the suburbs onto a few dozen acres in the country. We are interested in beefing up our redundancy systems. For instance, the house actually came with an in-line natural gas generator that runs the well pump, septic pump, freezer, etc. when the power goes out (which is often). We have a well and a cistern and a big Berkey water filter (with a stream and lake nearby).

We keep talking about adding solar and/or residential windpower. Also plans for rabbits/chickens/goats...

I get a kick out of watching "Doomsday Preppers" and looking for ideas :D I also like reading and thinking about things in terms of "voluntary simplicity". But most of it is just talk-talk in the evenings while enjoying a few choice microbrews :p

Life is grand!

JaneQ

Back