Salutations

KC43

I found my way here from Polyamoryonline.org. I've never thought of myself as monogamously-oriented, but my first marriage was monogamous. My second marriage was monogamous until March of last year, when my husband suggested we try an open marriage arrangement, which initially was pretty much friends-with-benefits based. That changed when I met a guy... Long story short (because it is a long story), since September I've officially been in a polyamorous relationship, sort of a V, I guess. I live with the man I'm married to, and have a relationship with the other guy. Hubby refers to the other guy as his "bro-hub" or "step-husband."

The secondary relationship is a long-distance one; I haven't actually seen my other guy since July.

Greetings KC43,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

Awww crap, I hate LDR's. Do you think bro-hub will be able to move closer to you sometime?

Regardless, I can tell your husband's being a great support and that does my heart good to hear. I am in an MFM V myself (but thank gods we all live together).

It's great to have you on our boards and I hope you'll enjoy your stay.
Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Hi, Kevin :)

The LDR thing isn't easy; sometimes my guy and I go a week or more without any communication though he usually at least tries to poke me on Facebook to let me know he's thinking about me. He's twice divorced and has kids with each of his ex wives, and they all live in the same area. My guy stays with his second ex part of the year (they have an autistic son, so my guy tries to help out), and the rest of the time he's on the road for work. We met because his job sent him to my state for about five months last year, but he hasn't been sent back this way since. So unless he finds another job, he wouldn't be able to relocate; and even if he could, he probably wouldn't because he wants to be part of his kids' lives, especially the autistic son.

We have talked about him moving in with hubby and me, an idea hubby actually brought up. But I don't see it actually happening.

Yeah, not much you can do about that. What about the other way around, you guys moving to live in his neck of the woods? If not, LDR it is, people have managed to do those before, and will manage to do them again.

Glad you could join us in any case!
Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Unfortunately, us moving isn't an option either, for a number of reasons. One of my kids is only 15, so her father (my kids are from my first marriage) still has a say in where I live. That kiddo attends a school where she's receiving veterinary technician training in addition to regular high school academics, and there aren't any schools like it in Guy's state. It's one of only... 15, I think, schools like it in the country. And Hubby works for his dad and is beginning to take over the business as his dad retires.

So yeah, long distance it is. I'm leaving tomorrow morning for my first visit with Guy since he left my state last summer, and am very nervous about it.

Any particular reason for the nerves? Just butterflies in general?

Yeah, just butterflies. I'm not a big fan of flying, to begin with, and it was two planes out here and two planes back.

I hadn't seen Guy since July, and we hadn't admitted our feelings for each other and officially entered into a relationship until September. So, since I tend to overthink things, I was a bit worried about how it would be once we were face to face. I knew things were great between us when he was in my area and we were able to see each other, but that was when we were still insisting we were just FWBs.

But I arrived out here Sunday morning, and everything has been great. We haven't had as much time together as I would have liked; since he's working 3rd shift and has 10-12 hour shifts each time, we've only had a couple hours a day together. He's working while I'm sleeping, and I've been out exploring the area while he's sleeping. But at least that's time with each other, and any time is better than only being able to talk on the phone.

Glad to hear you're getting some quality time to reconnect.

Thanks :) It was a very relaxing, refreshing trip... Guy and I didn't have a huge amount of time together (I spent a lot more time exploring the area than interacting with him, because of his work and sleep schedule), but the time we were together was excellent, and we sorted out and agreed on a few things about our relationship that I hadn't wanted to discuss with him over the phone.

Sounds like mission accomplished. ;)

Back