Greetings from Boston!

beyondallshores

Hello,

I'm new to the board, so I thought I'd say hello!

This isn't AA, but I feel like I need to say something along the lines of why I'm here...

I've spent most of my life dating women, but have never felt satisfied with the connection I've had with only a female. That said, it's been years since I've actually dated a man. I find the whole 'dating' process as it relates to a man to be very different from that of a woman, if it makes sense (and no, it probably doesn't :) ) There are so many things I enjoy about men - a sense of fun and friendship, and with women, a level of intensity and connection. It's always been easier for me to refer to myself as gay, because bi is confusing enough for people, let alone anything that starts with the letters p-o-l-y.

Over the past few years, I've been involved in a couple threesomes that were, for the most part, purely sexual. This was something that really led me to learn more about a poly lifestyle. Sure, they were fun, but I always hated that disconnect (sex vs intimacy.) In my ideal world, I'd share a life with a couple where we'd all be equals in all senses of a relationship.

Whew, that's enough for one post. Anyhow, thanks to the board and all of you on it for being out there!

Hi beyond,

Welcome to the board. I'm from Mass as well.

So, you're a woman? IDed as a lesbian? (the gay word confused me.)

But homoflexible?

I'm a pansexual poly. *squawk!*:p Cisgendered woman partnered with a transwoman, currently not dating men because... meh, been meeting too many losers lately.

Hi Magdlyn,

Thanks for the welcome. As for the gay word confusion - I am a woman IDed as lesbian. Well, at least to most people, mental and in reality, not so much.

I love the term homoflexible. High school was the first time I heard someone use it and thought it was the greatest thing.

Sorry for the string of bad men. Maybe, unlike geese, all the good ones fly back during the winter months after a summer in exhile? :)

Back