Am I odd?

Am I the only poly guy that isn't really that interested in having a threesome involving both SOs? I love them both, I'm attracted to them both, and while I'm certainly not opposed to the idea of both of them in my bed at one time, I'm just not all that pressed on the issue. I could seriously take it or leave it.

Am I odd?

No, that is not odd.

Lots of people prefer the individual, and undivided attention, that they can give to their significant other`s, over the feeling of 'pressure' that can come with threesomes and more-somes.

There is nothing wrong with it, and you have to be true to yourself.

Now, if your significant other`s like the idea of a threesome, then you have to decide if you can compromise. If it`s just a preference, and not a outright 'issue' there should be easy room for negotiations.

Sometimes everyone is in the same bed, sometimes its one on one time.

Now,..even if it was odd ,..would it really matter ? :) :p

While I enjoy threesome action, I don't desire it all the time. I am just as content enjoying each of my loves individually.

I think that is one of the common misconceptions of poly/open relationships. Similar to the one I keep butting my head against. I'm a poly female, but I'm not bi! OMG! So the fact that you are not really interested in having a 3-some with your ladies doesn't make you odd, it makes you, you.

threesomes create a whole different energy than couple sex. I cant understand that you would not necessarily want that. It's all very individualistic and I am glad to hear you are respecting yourself enough to not do something that isn't necessarily what you want right now... it really is a huge cross over anyways and everyone has to be in the right frame of mind. Knowing the drama that has been going on for you, why bring on more at the moment. time and place for everything.

After some of the trouble it has stirred up, I can see why a guy (that is thinking) might avoid a threesome, but yes, it is odd.

It's not odd to not want it. However, it also isn't as troublesome as some people seem to think it is. I've had several, and they can both be really fun, and really loving. The same exponential feelings you gain from having multiple lovers, is shared in making love with multiple lovers. It's an amazing feeling, and i'd recommend it to whoever is in the situation to have it like that. When the girls can manage to not to damn insecure about their looks, and the guy manage to not care about "performance", it makes out to be a damn good experience.

Am I the only poly guy that isn't really that interested in having a threesome involving both SOs? I love them both, I'm attracted to them both, and while I'm certainly not opposed to the idea of both of them in my bed at one time, I'm just not all that pressed on the issue. I could seriously take it or leave it.

Am I odd?

As an ex-unicon hunter and threesome enjoyer, you aren't the only guy. :)...I have noticed there is the odd one, and in fact some don't want threesomes at all

I am shifting my thoughts to more individual relationships, but I...thoroughly enjoy threesomes. But as ygirls signature says, it isn't all about the threesomes :)

It's not odd to not want it. However, it also isn't as troublesome as some people seem to think it is. I've had several, and they can both be really fun, and really loving. The same exponential feelings you gain from having multiple lovers, is shared in making love with multiple lovers. It's an amazing feeling, and i'd recommend it to whoever is in the situation to have it like that. When the girls can manage to not to damn insecure about their looks, and the guy manage to not care about "performance", it makes out to be a damn good experience.

Ditto...sexually it is totally different and amazing experience. The energy between three people that like each other is amazingly intense. :)

Am I the only poly guy that isn't really that interested in having a threesome involving both SOs? <snip>
Am I odd?

Nah, I think that's a pretty healthy attitude actually.

You're not closed to the possibility, but it'd have to be something all 3 wanted and it doesn't bother you if it never happened.

I completely relate to that, although we had a day out in London all together a bit since (go see Stomp if you are in town) and I ached to cuddle both of my girls, and of course you can't cuddle one and leave the other alone - But they ganged up on me and said no, that's not how it is.

Fair enough I guess, they are just not that close (. . yet . . :D ).

One thing I will say having read a thread on here is that three in a bed with 2 making out and the third being ignored would be horrible.

Am I odd?

If by "odd" you mean part of a statistical minority, sure. If by "odd" you mean a statistical outlier that nobody else can identify with, then no.

The only thought I've ever given to the matter has been "It'd be nice to try it." I've never thought to suggest it and figured if it were ever going to happen, one of the ladies would have to suggest it.

Back