Hi Everyone!

Brainy

Just wanted to say hello to everyone. Poly is something that my partner and I have always been comfortable with, but not necessarily something we felt we need to explore in our relationship. We are a gay couple btw. I have to admit I don't know a lot about being in a poly relationship, but I also never thought that I would meet such a great person and feel so comfortable with him that this is something I'd consider. Its funny to look back on your younger self to see how you have matured over the years.

We're in the process of setting rules within this poly adventure we have decided to take. I would be receptive to ideas and feedback on that as both of us are feeling our way through the dark here. We are both very open and honest with each other which I think is definitely step one, but in terms of "rules," we are both lost. Hopefully I will get some good advice from more experienced poly folks.

I do know that neither of us want an "open relationship" or at least not one by the definition we know it by. We want to have meaningful connections with other people, neither of us are into anonymous sex.

I look forward to talking to everyone and learning more about this new, exciting phase of our lives. :)

Brainy, welcome to the forum.

Obviously we don't know the specifics of your situation, so it's hard to give good advice, but one of the key general things I have found is that we each have to know ourselves - what our "needs, wants and likes" are, and if there are boundaries that we each have. Self-knowledge can be a powerful tool.

Please feel free to ask questions or join in anywhere on here.

Welcome to the forum, Brainy. I definitely agree with Ciel. I hope this journey is reflective and enjoyable one for you.

hi brainy, sometimes it's hard to set-up rules bcz you learn from having good & bad experiences. i do think you should both talk about jealousy & how to combat it if it arises...but, i have a feeling it will bring you both closer together...i hope that your first experiences are very sweet & fun!

Back