They finally "made up" :)

OpenandCountry

I feel like I've written about my situation a lot on here, but I'll review briefly what happened over Thanksgiving...

My husband was going through some family issues and as a result was feeling much more anxious/insecure than usual. Before this incident, the three of us were able to spend time together, and there weren't any restrictions placed on my relationship with my boyfriend. I had made mistakes with my relationship, but I thought we had moved past them, and had settled into a pattern. My husband decided to impose restrictions (which were reasonable, yet random), and both he and my boyfriend had an emotional reaction to the entire situation. I felt very caught in the middle. :( After the fact, we all three realized that we had messed up, but we haven't all been in the same room since.

so...

Last night my boyfriend was acting very strange; he was really nervous, we were going places that we don't normally go....i was starting to get freaked out. I guess he was just psyching himself up, because we pulled into my driveway and he said "I'm going up". He and my husband then had a long chat about the whole ordeal, and they "made up". :D They've always gotten along really well; they had a friendship/connection that is separate from me, so it was really cool to watch them work things out.

I'm so glad that order has been re-established. My husband has let go of the restrictions and told me to exercise my best judgment, and my boyfriend has told me that if my husband should need me for a couple of days, weeks, or even months that we should take that time as a couple. Afterward, I thought my boyfriend and I were going to head to his place, but he said "no, I think you guys need some time after all that". I still talked with him in his car for two hours, so I guess that point was moot. :p

How do I feel about all this? Ecstatic! I feel like if I could write a story about my two amazing relationships no one would believe me. I'm just so incredibly fortunate.

Thanks, everyone. I'm just glad we can all be together without tension now. :)

Back