Good Morning from NJ!

goddessofeden76

Good Morning, Everyone!

In my great research about poly, I came across this site and decided to step out of my comfort zone and join.

I am 36 and VERY new to being poly. I've been seeing a man who is poly for a few months now and he has opened my eyes to things and relationship aspects I have never imagined possible. With the recent talks of me being his "secondary", I wanted to learn more about being successful in this relationship with him, since I really have no idea. He is so patient and kind with my naivety to being polyamorus and is a perfect teacher.

I have been bisexual (identified) for over 5 years now, closeted for over 10. I was in an open marriage for the past 5 years, which, unfortunately, ended in divorce because of hidden true feelings for the other woman on his part. I believe if it was open and communicated, it would have been successful.

Which brings me to this lifestyle. Everything I'm reading and researching has me nodding like a bobble head as I agree with many, many aspects of being poly. I don't believe, in my heart, I could ever be a monogamous woman again. I have too much love in my soul to be confined to having just one lover/partner anymore and believe with my entire being, that this is what is meant to be.

I'm here to meet other poly people, to learn about this lifestyle and what it takes to be a successful poly female.

Hi GoddessofEden,

Welcome :)

I love this place and have learned much, and gained much, from being here. I hope you find value as well. Lots of reading, lots of questions, lots of discussion.

cheers,
NR

Hi goddessofeden76,
Welcome to our forum.

This is a good place to learn the things you are seeking. Take time to explore the various threads and see what calls to you. Post any thoughts or questions you have along the way.

It is great that you have discovered polyamory in a very personal way, and are willing to learn more about it and make it a part of your life. Hope we at Polyamory.com can be helpful for you.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Back