New & Frozen in Canada

Breathesgirl

Hi all. I'm Robin.

This is my first post here :eek: .

I haven't had much of a chance to read other posts yet but I will hopefully get to that slowly throughout the week.

My boyfriend and I have been together nearly five years & have been theoretically poly throughout. Practicing poly, however, needs work, lol.

Since there aren't those horrid empty 'what are you looking for and who are you' fields here I figure I'll do some of that right here ;) .

I'm 43, selectively bi, poly and kinky.

Books are a huge part of my life as are movies, my teen aged sons, my boyfriend, family and time to myself.

What we're looking for???? The mythical unicorn, friends, lovers, to just be ourselves with others.

Why am I here? Simple. To read and exchange ideas.

I did just read the thread on envy vs jealousy & I'm still percolating on that one. I've dealt with jealousy using some awesome tips from Xeromag and a lot of discussion with my b/f. Envy???? I'll have to get back to you on that one.

Any way. I'm glad to be here & I must be off now to get ready for work. This means heading out into the cold, cold ether to go to the bus stop. I hope I manage to dress warmly enough:(.

Robin

Welcome to the forums Robin. Glad to have you here :D

Ontario. That sounds lovely. I have designs on Toronto. I plan on taking it over.

~Raven~

let me add my welcome to the forums. there seem to be a lot of Canucks on here - I think that's wonderful, and never knew that there were so many poly folks in the Great White North....

Welcome Breathesgirl and do stay warm today!
We are looking forward to your input on the forum and that's hard to do with frostbitten fingers ;)

Welcome aboard
to just be ourselves with others
an awesome reason to hang out there...one of my favorites.

Thanx everyone :D

I did manage to keep warm. Not difficult, really, when you're a walking tropical heat wave lmao!

Wellllllll, there's that AND the fact I dressed to the 9's in winter wear so I wouldn't get too cold by the time the bus came. I stood at the bus stop for about 10 minutes and was nice and toasty when it finally got there :) /

As for taking over Toronto.....I'm an hour west of there. My b/f eventually wants to start a comedy club/restaurant similar to Yuk Yuks there. Right now what's holding him back is lack of capital and the fact I won't move with him until my kids turn 18, they're currently 14.

Robin

Sounds like you are near my hometown, nice part of ontario. :) I don't know how poly the area is, but in my teenage years it was a very open minded hippy town. Probably the greatest thing my wife and I miss about it.

Kitchener is becoming more and more open, slowly, the way it should be.

We now have our own Pride Day without having to share with Toronto. No parade or anything, yet, but there is a day in Victoria Park with music, food, auction, vendors, Miss Drew (our very own Drag Queen :D ). It's a fun day out.

The local poly group--kwpolyfolk in the yahoo groups--isn't very active YET but we are working on making it so.

For active poly stuff we have to go to Toronto where there's a meet up each Monday night..

What neck of the woods might you be, any way?

London's also got a poly group but it's sort of melded with the KW one.

Robin

Welcome to the forums! Sorry about the cold...I was fortunate enough to go for a nice relaxing motorbike ride with friends yesterday LOL! Not all of Canada is cold luckily :)

Ahh good ole KW...I am actually from Guelph, lived there 24 years before moving out west to BC. I spent a lot of time in London and Kitchener (as well as Hamilton) having some good times.

Guelph was a pretty open town when I was there, kind of had to be with almost 7 to 1 Girl to Guy ratio when school was in. Hillside festival always made for some interestng times. Met my Wife in town and flew out West to be with her :)

Where I live now is a very young town (18 to 25 is the average age and they tend to only live here for 6 to 12 months), so to be a practicing poly can be tough, there definitely aren't any groups for this location. Vancouver has an active scene, but at almost 2 hours away, makes it a chore to travel down sometimes.

Nice to meet you and good luck with the yuk yuk idea. I know Guelph for a while had a roaming yuk yuks roll through 2 or 3 times a week when I was younger. Seemed to do ok back then :)

You can keep the motorbike ride, it's not my cuppa. I need a roof and 'walls' around me, lol. My days of enjoying the wind NOT blowing through my hair are long gone, lol.

I would LOVE to live somewhere where you don't need to dress like an eskimo just to go to the corner store for 4L of milk! Of course, that's why Canucks have children isn't it? So the kids can go to the store while the parents stay home nice & warm!!!! lmao

Robin

Hmmmmm, a roving Yuk Yuks, unique idea:eek: . I'll have to run that past him. His first response, after asking me how he'd manage to cook, would be "& you'll do the driving, right?" lol

The man has no self confidence when driving. That COULD stem from the fact that he hardly ever gets to, lol Not having a vehicle sucks big time!

You can keep the motorbike ride, it's not my cuppa. I need a roof and 'walls' around me, lol. My days of enjoying the wind NOT blowing through my hair are long gone, lol.

I would LOVE to live somewhere where you don't need to dress like an eskimo just to go to the corner store for 4L of milk! Of course, that's why Canucks have children isn't it? So the kids can go to the store while the parents stay home nice & warm!!!! lmao

Robin

TELL ME ABOUT IT! ;)
It hit the 0s this week. I was THANKFULLY not out in it due to my surgery-but OMG I HATE having to put all of the gear on just to go to the store. :(

Hi, Robin :)

I am 43 as well. I'm open to bi, although I prefer women, so I'd be very picky on that one. I can be kinky too, with the right person, or at least have kinky fantasies otherwise. ;).

I am extremely new to this, but it's something I've wanted for quite awhile now. (I'll write more about that later.) I'm interested in starting out as friends, and then seeing where things will go from there, if there is a mutual interest in anything beyond that. I am living with my fiancee, who I will write more about later as well. We've been living together for a little over 6 years.

Well hello there:).

I'm not currently looking for another male partner but thank you :eek: . I am, however, always looking for friends of any type, gender, etc.

Anyone please feel free to leave me a message if you like. I will respond when I have a few minutes to do so.

Robin

Back