Younger guy?

Thomaswednesday

I'm a 21 year old guy and I love the idea of being in a relationship with an older couple or group. I don't really know alot about this type of thing, is this something people are interested in ?

I think for many, if not most, experienced poly people age becomes yet one other smaller factor in overall attraction to people. The more experience you get in Poly the less likely you are to say "here's the relationship dynamic I want, who fits it?" and you're more likely to say "I met this person and they're interesting and I'm attracted to them, let's see if we can make this work".

So really, it depends on if you find yourself compatible with an older couple or group. ;)

Thomas, what kind of relationship are you imagining when you are picturing this?

I think that most people (there are going to be exceptions) care more about emotional maturity than physical maturity. How well do you feel you know what you want out of a relationship, what your boundaries are, how willing you are to respect others' boundaries.

Age and stage can mean a lot to some people, but in poly it doesn't seem to be as much of a potential issue due to the nature of some poly dynamics. It depends on the dynamic you want. If you want a primary and several secondaries then maybe it would factor in in terms of the stage of life differences, but not necessarily. The rest is totally up in the air really and dependent on a good many factors including interests, amount of involvement, what one does in everyday life etc.

Back