I came here to learn more

lego

Hi everyone,

First off, thanks to whoever provides this nice free forum for us to discuss. Even though I'm just joining now, I lurked around awhile first and enjoyed it enough to keep coming back. I found it through a google search when I became curious about poly relationships.
I'm a 20-year old Canadian male. Ideally, I want to see myself in a family of 4 adults (2 male, 2 female) that share everything. It may never come, or could just be a long way away.
Right now, I'm in a mono relationship of 1 1/2 years with a gal I met in the city, also 20. I'm her first boyfriend, but I'm afraid she will begin to become bored of me (which almost seems reasonable since this is her first real relationship). She is prone to jealousy so I don't think I will ever propose adding more individuals to our relationship.
On the other hand, I'm secretly harbouring affection for my best friend and his girlfriend. They are the sweetest, and I care very deeply for both of them. And I know they care for me differently than most of our friends. They aren't afraid to talk about private things in front of me, and they let me sleep in their bed with them when I'm in the area. We have big plans for the future regarding ambitious post-grad trips, and they share my ideology of group living (multiple families sharing a home/vehicles/etc).
I fantasize about living together with this couple, ideally with another like-minded individual, but it just seems so far away that I might never reach it.

Last edited:
Hi lego,
Welcome to our forum.

You may want to consider talking with your girlfriend about poly, even if you suspect she won't take it well. It's only fair for her to know the truth about your plans and feelings, so she can decide whether to move on.

I'm glad you have enjoyed the time spent on Polyamory.com so far.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Back