Your most recent OKC messages. post em here!

TL4everu2

Ok, lets all have a few laughs, and post up your most recent OKC messages you have received, and let us know if the message worked to get you to respond or not. ;)

Personally, I haven't received anything in a LOOONG time.

Trying to keep it out of the other thread which is about your online dating preferences and/or "what's your thing". ;)

My most recently received email message on OkCupid was:

"Hello"

Inspiring, is it not? It tells me ever so much about the person!

/snark

Honestly, I don't know how to reply to these. I need a canned response or something that I can cut and paste when the person gives me so little inspiration.

The one word post has already been covered. (Recently I got a message that said "Nice." That's it... No idea if he's commenting on my personality, boobs or grammar.

The one I almost responded to: "We have a lot in common and I wanted to say "hi"! I would love to chat sometime."

The prize for most verbose, and wrong target audience goes to: "Goodmorning..
How are you doing..l must confess,your profile has really captured my attention and i will love to share in the joy of your smile,in fact i want to get to know you if you don't mind.Wow, I like your striking smile, could surely make an angel with broken wings go an extra mile. I miss being in love and after staying away from the love scene for long time due to reasons I will tell you later on as we get to know more about each other, I have finally decided to give love one last shot. You might be wondering why I am writing to you with distance between us. I am looking for my soul mate and I will look everywhere in the world for her. You have got the spark and smile and that's the first thing I look for. I will be glad if we get to know each other and become friends.You never know we could become the next success story on here as good couples.If you like,you can reach me by messenger or email. Please let me know if you wanted to talk and I will share my info with you..
"

Paragraphs are your friends... I hope he cuts and pastes this... it sounds sincere, and would have worked 2 years ago on me... I just don't believe in "the one" anymore.

Wow Clairgoad....I'm a GUY, and I almost want to respond to that message! Hell, if a woman sent that to me....I would DEFINATLY respond to it! LOL But then...I'm a guy. ;)

One word responses, yes...I understand those and my wife gets them form time to time. She even got one a couple days ago and the guy was commenting on her FEET, and how he wanted to worship her feet and kiss them. Yeahhhh....Ummm...No. More power to those people who are in to that sort of thing, but....really? On the first e-mail?

Too bad I've deleted most of mine. :)

However, the two that I remember were:

"You are very attractive. I would like to have the sex with you."

And:

"How many times have you cheated on your husband?"

I'm assuming the second guy thought I was cheating because I am listed as married.

I do not have a good response as of yet for those whom I am not feeling a connection with. How do you say "I read your profile and nothing stood out to me" without being mean?? There has to be a nice way of saying not interested, but I haven't found it yet.

I do not have a good response as of yet for those whom I am not feeling a connection with. How do you say "I read your profile and nothing stood out to me" without being mean?? There has to be a nice way of saying not interested, but I haven't found it yet.

You're not obligated to respond at all, but you can ask questions if their profile isn't giving you enough info. Or, if you feel you must just say no, you can just say, "Thanks for your interest. I've read your profile and don't have a sense that we're right for each other at this point. I wish you well in your search." Nothing mean about the truth when simply stated.

Then block them to prevent pestering you after that.

Last edited:
I like that one, I'm stealing it! :)

the other really odd thing is when I'm on (normally just to check messages really quick once or twice a week), and somebody hops on and tries to chat with you. I guess that's normal, but I don't like it. Send me a message, let me check out the profile, If I'm interested we'll see. But I don't like "chatting" online with anybody I don't already know in real life. It's not a good way to meet people and to me it's like somebody coming to your house instead of calling first. I'm not a big fan of that either...

I am assuming there are a lot of people out there that enjoy passing their hours chatting with mysterious strangers. I am not one of those people.

. . . somebody hops on and tries to chat with you. I guess that's normal, but I don't like it. Send me a message, let me check out the profile, If I'm interested we'll see. But I don't like "chatting" online with anybody I don't already know in real life. It's not a good way to meet people and to me it's like somebody coming to your house instead of calling first. I'm not a big fan of that either...
Go into your settings and turn Chat off. Simple!

I like that one, I'm stealing it! :)

the other really odd thing is when I'm on (normally just to check messages really quick once or twice a week), and somebody hops on and tries to chat with you. I guess that's normal, but I don't like it. Send me a message, let me check out the profile, If I'm interested we'll see. But I don't like "chatting" online with anybody I don't already know in real life. It's not a good way to meet people and to me it's like somebody coming to your house instead of calling first. I'm not a big fan of that either...

I am assuming there are a lot of people out there that enjoy passing their hours chatting with mysterious strangers. I am not one of those people.

I always quickly check their profile before chatting. If they are a high match, seem intelligent and look OK, I will chat them, if I have time. I think it's good to hear their voice in real time, not in a carefully composed message.

HAHA got up this morning to this one

Hmmm. So your husband likes to watch. Have you guys acted out this fantasy before? It doesn't get weird?

Chris

I got a message today from a 19 year old....*boggle*

I'm 42. There's not much on his profile to indicate any common interests. I really don't think I can do that kind of an age gap. Really. No.

The second message I got?
--------------
"I'm looking for some like-minded friends without playing games. You seem like a straightforward and interesting person. I'm not looking for a serious relationship but some that can have an oral discourse on more than one subject. I'm also a very creative person that has the flexibility to apply it to whatever I do. I have no interest in clothes or faction so women are very sunrise when I can give them advice on what to wear and such, from a guy and an, OMG, an engineer. I hate it when someone assumes because I am an engineer (architect really) that asthmatically-brain dead.

Well, enough about me. What about you.

Cheers,
"

---------------
My first thought was maybe I should submit it for him to Ihateautocorrect.com(instead of annalsofonlinedating.tumblr...or in addition to!)

I wondered whether he meant "oral discourse" the way it sounded. Personally I think people should be wary of the double entendre stuff. It often doesn't go over the way the writer thinks that it will.

"asthmatically-brain dead" What can I say?

No, I can't say that his message caused even a twinge of interest here.

OMG! Today, my wife got this message from a guy in Virginia. (We live in Flrodia)

I like to have casual sex a lot too; would you be up for a threesome, you, me and another woman?
REALLY?Nothing in her profile says that she is looking for casual sex.

Her response:
Where did u get that i am into casual sex? I am looking for a boyfriend/girlfriend not casual sex. Just cause I am in an open relationship doesn't mean I need more as far as sex goes.
I personally wouldn't have even given him more than the block button. But my wife is nicer and prettier than me. LOL

I got one that said "you seem fun" not really sure what that meant. we sent emails back and forth for a couple days but when she found out I was married (it says it n my profile, shouldn't have been a surprise) she spazzed and that was that. eh well.

OMG! Today, my wife got this message from a guy in Virginia. (We live in Florida)

I live in Va. but it definitely wasn't me. If anyone is more than 50 miles from me, I normally don't send a message unless they sound really really really interesting. I don't wanna drive that far lol.

I got one that said "you seem fun" not really sure what that meant. we sent emails back and forth for a couple days but when she found out I was married (it says it n my profile, shouldn't have been a surprise) she spazzed and that was that. eh well.
This happens to me almost every time I get on that acts intertsted.....Either online....or in real life. :( As soon as they find out I'm married, they bail. Fuck em. If they can't handle it, tough I guess. They miss out on a decent guy who will do ANYTHING to make sure the women he loves, get what they need in their lives. :cool:

The prize for most verbose, and wrong target audience goes to: "Goodmorning..
How are you doing..l must confess,your profile has really captured my attention and i will love to share in the joy of your smile,in fact i want to get to know you if you don't mind.Wow, I like your striking smile, could surely make an angel with broken wings go an extra mile. I miss being in love and after staying away from the love scene for long time due to reasons I will tell you later on as we get to know more about each other, I have finally decided to give love one last shot. You might be wondering why I am writing to you with distance between us. I am looking for my soul mate and I will look everywhere in the world for her. You have got the spark and smile and that's the first thing I look for. I will be glad if we get to know each other and become friends.You never know we could become the next success story on here as good couples.If you like,you can reach me by messenger or email. Please let me know if you wanted to talk and I will share my info with you.. .

I recognize this grammer and sticky sweet "too good to be true" bullshit. This is a scam artist. If you would follow up with him, you would find out that his wife died and he has a child which is ill and they are traveling away from home. After about 4 messages back and forth, he will ask you to send money. trust me......delete this loser.

Today's message at OKC from an old geezer in Indianapolis (I'm in NYC):
You are BREATHTAKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, I'll give him points for enthusiasm.

Last week's messages at OKC...
This one from someone apparently losing his hair:
Hey how is everything? would you give me some of your hair when I will get trans plant? because I lose my hair day by day :) lol ok ok do not worry, you do not have to give me hair but I would love to meet you for a drink with nice conversation face to face :) with watching stars on the sky

Horseless Prince Serkan ;)
This from a guy responding to the caption under one of my pics where I say I love the satin shoes I'm wearing in it:
Hello , I wasn't looking at the shoes mmmmmmm
Tony
From another guy responding to the same picture:
Satin shoes? The demarcation from fishnet to skin is the real eye grabbing focus... For me that is.

Those were their entire messages to me. Nothing else. No attempt at conversation.

OMG lol
Hey how is everything? would you give me some of your hair when I will get trans plant? because I lose my hair day by day lol ok ok do not worry, you do not have to give me hair but I would love to meet you for a drink with nice conversation face to face with watching stars on the sky

Horseless Prince Serkan

That has got to be the winner right there. He better get a horse and ride on back into the desert.

Back