Hello Everybody

Jansen

My name's Yannick and I'm from London. I got interested in polyamory about a year ago when a friend of mine started researching the topic for a book he was writing. I went to a meeting a talked to a few people and loved the whole atmosphere around it. it seems more natural and i like the way jealousy is dealt with. Anyway jsut wanted to say hello to everybody.

Hello Jansen, and welcome to the forum! :)

Greetings Yannick,
Welcome to our forum.

You've discovered a large "unknown" community, the poly community. People are finding out about us little by little, but it's a slow process. Social acceptance amongst the monogamous mainstream is slow to come about too, but there is progress. In the meantime, I find that it's an exciting movement to be a part of.

Glad you could join us on Polyamory.com, hope you will make yourself at home here.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Thanks guys. i feel welcome :)

It's astonishing how many misconceptions from the "general public" you get when you raise the topic of polyamory (as you probably know).
Might be useful to compile a list of different media to introduce people to the idea (depending on what kind of person you're talking to. some might want to read a novel, some watch documentary, a penal discussion, some a proper film, someone else might be open to a scientific paper or a conference etc etc.

I found this podium discussion from a festival really useful for example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uTfo-hIt_4

Back